- Best Known for the Fanservice: The third film is probably best remembered for former Emmerdale star Roxanne Pallett's full frontal nude scene.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: Hector's telling of his odd nightmare to Hank, who is noticeably confused and annoyed by it.
- Crazy Awesome:
- Hector, full stop. He seems to be a sociopathic Jerkass but it turns out he actually does know his stuff about crocodiles and how to catch them.
- Reba from the third and fourth movies. Badass hunter who is not only entertaining to watch, but manages to kill multiple crocs by herself include a couple that are eating her (she survives). She does so using a knife. And she calls out other people for doing stupid things, too.
- Ensemble Dark Horse:
- Betty White's character, but that's no surprise.
- Reba from 3, 4, and Lake Placid Vs Anaconda due to being an entertaining badass who points out all of the stupid shit other people do. This is probably why she returned in 4, considering she seemingly died in the third one (along with the croc that supposedly did the deed).
- Ho Yay: Quite a bit between Hector and Hank.
- The Scrappy: Kelly, her constant nagging and negativity visibly annoyed the characters and tended to have the same effect on the audience.
- Sequelitis: Bet you didn't know there was a Lake Placid 2, huh? Or a Lake Placid 3 for that matter. Or a Lake Placid 4.
- So Bad, It's Good: At no point does this film take itself seriously as a horror film, but this trope still applies somewhat.
- Special Effect Failure:
- The obvious CG plane in 2, which periodically disappears between shots.
- The crocodiles also look too much like a video game. Especially in the sequels.
- Squick: All of the crocodile's victims are eviscerated, and in one case decapitated, and therefore disgusting.
- Surprisingly Improved Sequel: Lake Placid 3 is somewhat better than the second film. It's still nowhere as good as the original, though.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: Compared to a lot of killer croc films. Lake Placid features great special effects by both Stan Winston and Digital Domain that, for the most part, hold up. The sequels however not so much, though they do admittedly look better than most Sci-Fi Channel Original films. Up until the fourth film, anyway.
- What an Idiot!: Aaron in Lake Placid 3. Had he choose to follow Ellie to the gunshot noises, he along with Brett would've survived the film but nope. He decided to be an ass and talk about Brett's infidelity and takes the wrong path before becoming croc chow.
YMMV / Lake Placid