- Alternative Character Interpretation: One could argue that the Grey Man is benevolent, as when he touches you, everything becomes less scary. If true, then that would explain why he is in Happy Town the most often.
- Awesome Music: Both remixes of "Long Tall Eyelash".
- Cult Classic: As is the case with all of Osamu Sato's works.
- Demonic Spiders: There are things you could call enemies in the game, although you can't fight them and they just end the dream early. They all count as this, since most of them come out of nowhere, are hard to dodge, and scare the pants off you. And then there's the Bridge Guard, who looks like Satan.
- The Grey Man can be a major annoyance to those who want to see how weird the game can get, as he slows down the texture changes and disables flashbacks. It's recommended that you not stay in Happy Town, the Violence District, or Kyoto for long as he can appear in those locations a lot.
- Fandom-Enraging Misconception: Quite a few, mostly in the form of misconceptions on the game, and Pop Culture Urban Legends about the game.
- Call the game "LSD: Dream Simulator" and expect at least a dozen fans to come to tear you a new one.
- If you also make the claim that the game was created by a girl, expect another dozen to correct you; while the dreams were inspired by the dev's wife's dreams, the game was developed by a male.
- Lord help you if you say the creator committed suicide after making the game. Sato is still alive, and is still creating music, doing photography, and creating other works to this very day.
- Fan Nickname: "Suffering", for the Downer version of the Giant Baby in the Bright Moon Cottage.
- Heartwarming Moment: Even this game. Go on the ferris wheel in the Toy Land area.
- Hype Backlash: Of a sort. The game has gotten an infamous presentation for its bizarre concept and visuals. However a player has to be many dreams in to even experience the more crazier stuff. Combined this with the slow walking speed and each dream taking about 10 minutes each, leads some players to lose patience with the game and quit.
- Memetic Mutation: "Suffering", a Fan Nickname for the Downer version of the giant baby's face originating from the fanbases' Discord server where it went under this name for an emoticon. He usually gets used as an example of the weirdness of LSDream, and expect any time someone brings him up to be shortly followed by any mention "suffering."
- True Art Is Incomprehensible: Most, if not all, of the noninteractive video dreams seem to fall under this...unless anyone else can figure out the meaning behind watching a kid eating, a goldfish bowl sitting in an elevator, a montage of Russian stamps, and pigeons sitting on ledges, flying, and walking around. It's likely that this is entirely intentional, considering how little sense most people's dreams seem to make.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: The title pretends it means everything but lysergic acid diethylamide... although the manual, journal, and CD reveals its name as Lovely Sweet Dream.*
YMMV / LSD: Dream Emulator