- Actor/Role Confusion: Up for debate, but the name Vittoria sounding fairly similar to the surname "Vitti" certainly invited this. Subverted as later Monica Vitti performed in many films classified as commedia all'italiana.
- Audience-Alienating Premise: Isn't this film boring?
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: The film is full of those here and there. Some of its episodes are mildly mystifying.
- Black Sheep Hit: It is less known than Blowup and The Passenger, however, it is considered the director's top achievement or nearly by many critics and arthouse aficionados.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: This film was not commecially successful anywhere... except for Japan.
- Signature Scene:
- The two scenes in La Borsa.
- Also the final sequence.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Riccardo, played by Francisco Rabal, was an interesting, complicated character. Alas, he appeared only in two scenes.
YMMV / L'eclisse