- Critical Research Failure:
- In "Meet the Dog Stars", Brainy Barker scolds Bull Dog for calling her "Scotty", thinking he was referring to the dog breed, and corrects him by saying that she's an Afghan, when in fact she's actually a Saluki.
- In the episode Furry Fish, a dolphin named Dooley is repulsed by the thought of cats eating fish. Maybe he thinks fish are friends and not food?
- Ensemble Dark Horse: The Dog Star Patrol rivals Ace and Krypto in what people remember from this series.
- Jerkass Woobie:
- Snooky Wookums is a bratty, manipulative little backstabber but its clear that Mechanikat barely treats him with any respect whatsoever. Even Supercat's fan club admitted they felt sorry for him in the episode "Join The Club".
- Ignatius. He's greedy and a massive narcissist but as a villain, he's so utterly pathetic that its hard not to feel even a little bad for him.
- Hot Dog. Sure, he's easily the rudest and most temperamental of the Dog Star Patrol but he just can't catch a break and he certainly didn't deserve to be drained of his power in "Bathound Meets The Dog Stars".
- The puppy versions of the characters are fondly remembered (especially Puppy Krypto)
- There's no denying that Stretch-O-Mutt is just pure adorable.
- Popular with Furries: Downplayed. The series stars a cast of cute animal characters, with only one major human character, so it has some popularity. Emphasis on some, however. The series has been mostly forgotten with only a handful of merchandise items, no mention of it from official Warner Bros. media, and a nearly non-existent fanbase. It also doesn't help that while being alluded to be part of the DCAU, the series mixes in wacky humor with talking animals.
- Toy Ship:
- Snooky Wookums and Nikki, the female kitten in the Supercat Fan Club.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Snooky Wookums, despite his name and appearance, is a tomcat.
- Viewer Species Confusion: Breed, rather than species. Due to his white colour, Krypto is not readily identifiable as a Labrador Retriever-like dog. Most viewers mistake him for a white shepherd.
YMMV / Krypto the Superdog