- Broken Base: Fans are split over whether this ride is superior to Skull Island: Reign of Kong or if the latter is an improvement over this one.
- Likewise, fans tend to argue about the same thing when it comes to this ride and Revenge of the Mummy.
- Ham and Cheese: Some of the ride's more over-the-top tour guides would usually fall under this.
- Harsher in Hindsight: When it first opened, and for a long time afterward, it was always referred to as the park's "flagship" attraction.
- Hilarious in Hindsight/Harsher in Hindsight: One particular feature of the attraction's queue line was that it would feature movie posters that would always be changed out to reflect Universal's latest releases; and of course, The Mummy (1999) and The Mummy Returns were among the posters featured at one point.
- More Popular Spin Off: This ride was based off of the '70s version of King Kong, which is often hated by people, whereas the attraction itself remains one of the most beloved of all time with theme park fans.
- As previously mentioned, getting a rather over-the-top tour guide would cause the ride to become this.
- This promo video definitely contains traces of such, due to the obvious over-acting of the people in the video.
- Narm Charm: Kong's banana breath sounds ridiculous on paper, but apparently it was a rather beloved detail of the ride.
- Popularity Polynomial: The ride closed down during a time when it was getting low wait times and King Kong wasn't popular anymore. However, not long after its closing, everyday guests began going to the park's Guest Services to complain about the lack of a King Kong ride in the park. This eventually led Universal Orlando to bringing back King Kong with the new Skull Island: Reign of Kong ride at Islands of Adventure.
- Praising Shows You Don't Watch: There are some people out there that have admitted to admiring this ride despite not having ridden it, only having videotapes of it to go by.
- Tear Jerker: The ride's closure, which is often looked at as being one of the most tragic moments in theme park history. At the time, the idea of the attraction being shut down struck fans as "unreal".
YMMV / Kongfrontation