- Alternate Character Interpretation:
- Bel. Is she an Ax-Crazy sadist like Genesis, or a damaged person going along with it? When she roleplayed as a molested child was she trying to mess with Evan's head, or was she acting out a childhood trauma?
- In the alternate ending, is Evan going to save the next victim and prove his innocence, or put a more permanent ending to the girls' rampage?
- Eli Roth's commentary on the alternate ending describes the girls as having "switched roles." However, Bel is still the one getting up close and intimate with the new victim, and Genesis is still the one standing back and talking, exactly the same dynamic they had with Evan.
- Evil Is Sexy: Bel and Genesis
- Fridge Horror:
- Bel and Genesis get away with ruining Evan's life...except they were sloppy enough to leave evidence all over the place that there had been a break-in, and Evan could easily say he'd been coerced into sex with them. But...exactly how many girls out there are legally named "Bel" or "Genesis"? Most likely, they'd used aliases to cover their tracks. Although while the alternate ending shows that they've been wearing wigs, as they swapped them when they moved onto their newest victim, facial recognition technology could most likely sort everything out when the police inevitably get involved.
- Check out Evan in the alternate ending. His hair has grown back and his beard is longer. He's been tracking these girls for awhile, but that would imply that he's suddenly got a lot of free time on his hands. Odds are his wife found out about the sex and kicked him out of the house, which will make his revenge even stronger.
- Ham and Cheese: Keanu Reeves's performance whenever he's meant to be anything other than calm or cheerful. All the more appropriate that he compares a two-girl blowjob to "free pizza". In his defense, at least he's not saying "whoa".
- Moe: Bel is a total cutie. She's still psycho, guys.
- Moment of Awesome:
- Louis realising that Bel and Genesis are torturing Evan and not falling for their wiles as easily as they'd hoped. Too bad he gets killed anyway.
- The alternate ending implies that Evan will get some sweet, sweet payback.
- Some of the movies' quotes are regarded as this, most notably "Chocolate with sprinkles" and Evan's "The Reason You Suck" Speech to the girls.IT WAS FREE FUCKING PIZZA!
- There's Evan's Skyward Scream, which he delivers while gagged. Given that it's Keanu Reeves, you almost expect him to fire a gun in the air, except he's buried up to his neck.
- Some of the movies' quotes are regarded as this, most notably "Chocolate with sprinkles" and Evan's "The Reason You Suck" Speech to the girls.
- Narm Charm: What ultimately draws audiences in. Eli Roth, Keanu Reeves and a plot that combines Fatal Attraction with Funny Games ultimately forms a thriller that gets more laughs than gasps.
- Paranoia Fuel: Imagine leaving the house for the weekend, only to come home and find every square inch of it has been either vandalised or wrecked beyond repair.
- Stoic Woobie: Evan can do nothing but watch as Bel and Genesis destroy his home. Any time he tries to get help, he only makes them angrier.
- The Woobie: Louis, the art dealer who comes to collect Mrs. Webber's latest sculpture only to run afoul of the girls. Once they realise he's not going to fall for their charms, they steal his inhaler and toss it back and forth while he chases after it, getting closer and closer to an asthmatic attack. He then slips and hits his head on a sculpture, snapping his neck. Bel and Genesis then dump his body.
YMMV / Knock Knock (2015)