- Contested Sequel: The second season, Stage 3, is generally disliked by fans because of the CGI animation and the new voice actors for Ships. Imagine how bitter some of the fans were when the new actors for Ships performed "Hikari no Naka he" during their segments on Oha Suta, a song that the original voice actors had recorded.
- Defictionalization: During the run of Kirarin Revolution, Koharu often performed as Kirari on the Japanese kids' morning show Oha Star.
- The Italian localization was defictionalized right from the start. Valentina Ponzone not only sings the opening theme and the Italian versions of Kirari's songs, but she also appears as Kirari in the opening itself and has performed several times as Kirari during anime conventions.
- Ho Yay: Let's just say Hiroto really doesn't want Kirari near Seiji.
- Memetic Mutation: The theme song "Balalaika" is arguably more famous, at least on the Internet, for being the basis of the infamous filk song Yaranaika, as seen here.
- Overtook the Manga: The anime has tons of Filler due to the anime's weekly airing schedule versus the manga's monthly release. This resulted in Character Development that did not happen in the manga, as well as the introduction of band units like Kira Pika and Milky Way.
- Uncanny Valley: When the series turns CGI. The range of facial expressions is a lot more limited than in 2-D.
YMMV / Kirarin Revolution