- Ensemble Darkhorse: Technically, Misho is the central protagonist of Keychain. Don't tell that to Secret's fanbase, though.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Marena/Secret is probably the preferred ship over Misho/Marena.
- Harsher in Hindsight: In a few of the notes below the comic, the author sometimes mentioned pains in their wrists, but either fought through it or learned exercises to ease the pain. And then the author developed a terminal case of tendinitis, and the comic went on permanent hiatus.
- Les Yay: Occurs frequently between Marena and Secret, although it might be more accurate to state that Marena so sexy that anybody and everybody is likely to get shipped with her. This was heavily hinted to be canon. (See Fantastic Arousal.) One Exalted forum had an unofficial poll to decide who Marena should be the Lunar mate of. Secret won.
- Memetic Badass: Ten Winds learned a permanent Charm that lets him deal aggravated damage to anyone less badass than he is. He hasn't inflicted bashing or lethal since.
- Memetic Mutation: DODGE CHARMS.
- Moe: Secret, of course. Blossom is also just adorable. For the female readers, there's Misho.
- Nightmare Fuel: Keychain of Creation, #189. Marena's flashback to Thorns.
- Tear Jerker: Mew Cai's Heroic Sacrifice right here.
- The Scrappy: Everyone hates the Placeholder.
- The Woobie:
- Secret and Misho, mostly, though most everyone gets a turn.
- Poor Blossom. She just wants everyone to get along!"Three guesses on who gets to clean up when this happens..."
YMMV / Keychain of Creation