- Awesome Music: ZO's theme song. In the video game they even redid the part where he rams Doras off a building with his motorcycle so you heard more than a little bit of it.
- Complete Monster: The manga incarnation, by Kazuhiko Shimamoto, of D(o)ras is the monstrous Evil Counterpart of the titular Kamen Rider, being far more evil and intelligent than he was in the film. Created by Dr. Mochizuki as Masaru Aso's superior successor, Doras trapped Mochizuki in a pile of biomass when he refused to complete his body and decided to go after his only son, Hiroshi, planning on using the boy as a hostage. After arriving at a junkyard, Doras assembles a body for himself and destroys everything in his path, leaving an entire block filled with corpses before converting Masaru's Love Interest into a grotesque monster who proceeded to kill even more people, forcing Masaru to end her life. Suspending Hiroshi with tentacles, Doras threatens to execute the boy in front of his father if he doesn't help him in ruling the universe as a god.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Doras, to the extent that he's all that differentiates ZO and Kamen Rider J.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Hmong kids of the 90's are quite fond of Kamen Rider ZO or as their dub is called "Kooj Txig" (literally translated to Black Locust) and is to them their definitive Kamen Rider.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: An early teaser for the film had ZO, whose costume had not been completed at that point, represented by that of Kamen Rider BLACK. As a result of Stock Footage Failure, Masked Rider would have both ZO and J as alternate forms of Kamen Rider BLACK RX.
- Nightmare Fuel: The monsters are damn creepy.
- Particularly the fact that the Kumo Woman was animated with stopmotion. It gives her a very inhuman and otherworldly appearance that makes her terrifying.
- The novelization makes clear that all that vaguely organic kibble in the room Professor Mochizuki's being held in? Organic. And kept alive the same way he is.
- Uncanny Valley: Neo Organism looks like if an entity with no idea of how to be human saw a human kid and tried to emulate him. Vaguely looks and sounds like Hiroshi - looks like (and is) a marionette and speaks like a kid reciting off a script. Brrr.
YMMV / Kamen Rider ZO