- Anti-Climax Boss: The Overlord of Darkness goes down from a single Rider Kick after Shouichi, Ryo, and Hikawa kill the Els of Wind and Earth. Though to be fair, he was in a position were he was vulnerable and couldn't really use most of his powers at the time. And it didn't kill him. He just decides to give up his little conquest against the humans and that's it.
- Awesome Music:
- Broken Base: Is the V1 System a Kamen Rider or a Metal Hero? The debate comes from the fact that the suit was made by Prop Recycling from various Metal Heroes series. Officially, Toei has not taken any stance - the V1 system was not among the group of Rider Reinforcements led by Akira Date/Kamen Rider Birth in Let's Go Kamen Ridersnote , but it was also not among the list of Metal Heroes shown in Super Hero Taisen Znote .
- Complete Monster: Fukami. See that page for details.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Episode 34 sees Agito defeat one of the Unknown using one punch after transforming.
- The fourth rider of the series is called Another Agito. Take a wild guess what the Kaijin from Kamen Rider Zi-O are called? Another Riders! Even better is that Zi-O will also have its own Another Agito, but it'll just reuse the Another Agito suit!
- Narm: thanks to a variant of Special Effects Failure. After the black Overlord takes back the powers of Agito, Gills and Another Agito, Shoichi goes through a Heroic BSOD of sorts before literally fighting to reclaim them in episode 46. At the critical moment, the black Overlord goes down and the powers he's taken emerge...from his groin.
- In The Movie, when Gills gets his arm cut off, the stump wobbles around amusingly.
- On a couple of occasions we see a closeup of a Lord opening it's mouth wide...and it's clearly someone using the mask like a hand puppet.
- Nightmare Fuel: The various methods the Unknown use to attack their victims.
- Gills himself qualifies as well, especially when you see his mouth open. Remember, Gills is an organic Rider, like Amazon. That's not a helmet.
- The Unknowns themselves are very nightmare fuel. From their humanlike appearances to the fact that they're constantly hissing or growling (the only word they seem to say is "Agito"). The BGM that accompanies them onscreen does not help.
- Older Than They Think: This is not the first time Kamen Rider rides a Honda.note
- On the other hand, this is the first series to feature talking weaponry in the form of the GX-05 Cerberus Gatling Gun - while the weapon doesn't call attacks, it does have a "Releasing Safety" message and an error code for an incorrect activation.
- Too Cool to Live: Another Agito
- Tough Act to Follow: Considering that it's right after one of the best Heisei Kamen Rider shows not to mention the first, this show had a steep hill to climb. While debate ranges if it is better than Kuuga or not, many will agree that it is a great show in its own right and that this is one of Toshiki Inoue's best work next to Jetman itself.
YMMV / Kamen Rider Agito