- Awesome Music: The third OP, Tattoo Kiss.
- Die for Our Ship: May Wong is disliked by some Leon/Sora shippers. Ken Robbins is not, despite all the Les Yay subtext.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Holy SHIT, Leon. While he does have somewhat understandable reasons to be the way he is, these do NOT justify how his fangirls handwave or ommit the crap he has pulled on Sora, May and on many others like the innocent partners that he injured just to test their worth.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Some of the training techniques and behaviors seen in both the Kaleido Stage and the International Circus Festival are not exactly ethical.
- Harsher in Hindsight: The death of Layla's mother becomes even more sadder now that Mike Kleinhenz, the voice actor for Layla's father, passed away of a heart attack in 2008.
- Jerkass Woobie: Leon and May. Leon has a terrible Dark and Troubled Past, and May is much more insecure than she lets on, despite her behavior.
- Launcher of a Thousand Ships: Sora gets Ship Tease with Ken. And Leon. And Layla. And Rosetta. And maybe even May.
- Les Yay: There's a quite sizable chunk of subtext between several girls of the cast. Sora and Layla, Sora and Rosetta (which crosses the line to Romantic Two-Girl Friendship in the second season), Sora and May (more of Foe Yay for a time, though), May and Rosetta, Anna and Mia, Mia and Cathy, Cathy and Layla...
- Arguably, Cathy with Layla and Mia. So much that Sora even gets a little jealous of her closeness to Layla at some point!
- May's hero worship of Layla counts as well.
- Magnificent Bastard: Leon, until he's defrosted by Sora and Yuri. Surprisingly, he's not hit with Badass Decay.
- Misaimed Fandom: Some fans are so protective of Sora that they peg Kalos, Leon and especially May as evil. Often while whining about how Sora should be spoonfed and showered with love and praise - which is funny because, had Sora gotten approval and love easier, the fandom would've doubtlessly whined about her being boring and perfect.
- Moe: Sora, Marion and Rosetta.
- Ron the Death Eater: May and Kalos.
- Wangst: Sora's problems in the second season are very valid, but sometimes her angst does get extremely grating. Lampshaded by Fool, who tells her that if she doesn't come around, she'll lose her chance to be the Kaleido Star, and as such she'll stop seeing him. And it happens for a while.
YMMV / Kaleido Star