- Angst Dissonance: Fine, Cena deserved what he got from AJ and Big E Langston but they pretty much went after Kaitlyn for no reason. She was still met by chants of "You Tapped Out" after AJ Lee beat her for the Divas Championship.
- Deus Angst Machina: Let's see, her best friend ended their friendship and snapped. Once she wins the title she gets messages from a secret admirer that the other Divas don't trust, alienating her from the rest of them. Then it's revealed that the secret admirer is really AJ who is determined to mess with her - and this is revealed publicly. Then Kaitlyn loses the title and the rematch. Finally, Layla - up until then her only friend - turned on her and allied herself with AJ because she wanted more attention. All in the space of about two months.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: During NXT. Despite having never wrestled or cut a promo in front of a live crowd, she ended up getting massively over thanks to a feud with Vickie Guerrero - and won the contest. Both AJ and Naomi had been the favourites.
- Fan Nickname: "Seth Rollins with tits" due to their similar look (particularly the Multicolored Hair earlier in their WWE career).
- Growing the Beard: Her time on NXT Redemption - and eventual feud with Maxine - was what really helped Kaitlyn find her feet in the ring. She was noted to have a great natural Adorkable characterization that she was able to incorporate into her wrestling persona - and it helped endear her to the fans.
- Hollywood Pudgy: Addressed this trope in her shoot interview. She actually gained weight around the time she lost the Divas' Championship and struggled to lose it - which turned out to be due to health issues. The majority of her fans didn't notice it at the time.
- Ho Yay: AJ and Kaitlyn liked to celebrate by jumping into each other's arms and hugging each other. It's become something of a Running Gag to the point that AJ occasionally jokes about it on Twitter.◊
- Memetic Badass: She's universally agreed to be the best female user of the Spear in the WWE.
- Most Wonderful Sound: The first five-seven seconds of Kaitlyn's theme from April 2012 to February 2013 have their own following. But only the first five-seven seconds.
- Narm: Cewsh Reviews had this reaction to her acting during the title match against AJ.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: Many were critical of Kaitlyn for winning NXT with so little experience. However she has now won over many of her detractors with how much she has improved in the ring.
- "Seinfeld" Is Unfunny: Kaitlyn's matches with AJ were considered quite intense, especially for the Diva Era. Naturally with so many NXT and 'women's revolution' matches happening since then, it can be lost on newer viewers just why fans were invested in them.
- Signature Song: "Spin the Bottle" is her most remembered theme.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Whatever your feelings are on someone without so much as two months training getting a national contract, she got over and won a fan voted contest. Did WWE capitalize on this popularity? Build up a division around her with proven wrestlers who could hide her weaknesses and get over themselves, similar to how they made Trish Stratus a household name? Something more less obvious and more clever than that? Pretty much the same program they always do only with a hardly trained wrestler after getting rid of the most popular women left on the main roster and replacing them with other (relative considering Kaitlyn was center of the division) rookies? You expected something more exciting to come out of NXT 3?
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: The planned Divas of Doom angle involving her could have been a good one. But Vince McMahon decided to abruptly end the storyline, call Canon Discontinuity on Kaitlyn's budding heel turn and she did very little on the main roster as a result. Thankfully NXT Redemption had lots for her.
YMMV / Kaitlyn