- Acceptable Targets: Polluters, Nazis, the Imperial Japanese, Hollywood and followers of apocalyptic Christianity.
- Anvilicious: Unfortunately, several of the stories contain these sorts of messages. The Conversion is about the futility of faith, the Fall of Babylon is one gigantic Take That! at Christianity. Animikii vs. Mishipeshu is a Green Aesop which will destroy humanity either way.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: Day of the Demigods is pretty much this for the entire book and it is awesome.
- Moment of Awesome: The Statue of Liberty versus the Lamb of God certainly qualifies. Nazis piloting around a Greek galleon from Pre-Roman times destroying battleships is another. So is a bunch of elementary school turning into their cartoon Kaiju and stomping the world.
- Shallow Parody: One of the least popular stories in the book, The Fall of Babylon, is one of the Book of Revelations. It got a lot of flack for that.
YMMV / Kaiju Rising: Age of Monsters