- Creator's Pet: Kurumi.
- Demonic Spiders:
- Common mooks. These are aimed at you, and are fast, requiring quick reactions, frequently will be the single biggest threat to face in stage portions. Hell, Stage 5 has actual spiders!
- Designated Hero:
- Masahiro's Informed Attribute is that he's a Nice Guy. In Summer Interlude he's more of a Deadpan Snarker. Such actions involve attacking Ayano for making a prank in which someone stole Tomoko's bag (even though she wasn't and Tomoko calls him out of it later), leaving the Cowardly Lion Midori alone in the forest and making fun of Takeo for being an Extreme Doormat. It's all Played for Laughs, but still.
- In Cultural Festival, the protagonist will be Jerkass Casanova Wannabe Ryo. Make of that what you think.
- Heartwarming Moment:
- After clearing Summer Interlude for the first time, in the Game Selection window there's a little love umbrella containing Masahiro and Tomoko's names.
- It's the Same, Now It Sucks!: Averted. Despite being based on Touhou, Juuni Jumon has original mooks, bullets and locations, compared to a simple danmaku game.
- Moment of Awesome:
- The Last Spell phase versus Tomoko in Summer Interlude. Her spellcard is appropriately named "The Meaning of Life". As the battle grows progressively more intense, with the music following suit, the background shows the advancing of civilization, from the Big Bang, the creating of land, cavemen pictures, Machu Picchu, ancient oriental buildings, contemporary buildings, the first rocket launch and culminating with a picture of Earth itself as Tomoko is defeated. Made especially awesome if the Spell is captured.
- That One Boss:
- Amaya, who throws huge moon bullets, similar to Clownpiece. And she is the Stage 2 boss!
- Sayuri and Mai's annoying gimmick of increasing and decreasing the size of the bullets.
- Hotaru. While the difficulty of the game is gradually but steadily raised until her battle, she herself is a nasty difficulty spike. Half of her patterns require very fast reactions - she just throws homing fireballs with a large hitbox.
- Masahiro in the appropriately named Nightmare stage. Trying to wall you, shooting aimed knives and bullets at you from every conceivable direction all at once. And bombs cannot affect him and you just have to wait until time runs out.
YMMV / Juuni Jumon