- Author's Saving Throw:
- The announcement that Booster Gold and Ted Kord's Blue Beetle will be joining the book, and that it takes place not in Prime Earth but a variation on New Earth, has been met with high praise in comparison to the Darker and Edgier tone that has been given to the book to that point.
- The revelation that this is not the future of Prime Earth leave it open for the Legion of Super-Heroes to reappear.
- Epileptic Trees: From the moment the character designs were unveiled, fans began speculating that Wonder Woman and the Flash were the absent-since-Flashpoint Donna Troy and Wally West purely because the Flash had red hair and green eyes, two of Wally's distinctive characteristics.
- Replacement Scrappy: How many Legion fans view the team and the entire book, replacing a long running team with a multitude of characterization, storylines, and more than a few POC and LGBT characters in its roster, for another Justice League knock-off title during a time when DC is becoming over-saturated with them. This got worse when solicits for Justice League 3001 revealed an evil version of the Legion would be appearing, working for Lady Styx. Since there still isn't a Legion book at this point, distaste for this series among Legion fans has grown.
- Unexpected Character: Supergirl in Justice League 3001.
- What an Idiot!: Superman refuses to listen to the fact that he can't fly now, despite the Wonder Twins, the other members of the Justice League, and personal experience telling him so.
YMMV / Justice League 3000