- Anvilicious: The scene and speech at John's birthday party.
- Fanon: Fans seem to agree that Beth is at least Bi.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: There isn't much fanfiction for it but 60% are Kate/Beth and probably 39% are Kate/John with Scott being part of the other percent.
- Fridge Horror: The girls trying to work out who Kate is by asking if she took a year off last year to go into rehab, then for bulemia or fat camp. Brittany Snow actually suffered with eating disorders in high school and appears fine - if someone had genuinely just come out and asked those things, well, it sounds really insensitive. Good thing Snow's ever the professional.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The Tucker brothers, John and Scott. John is hugely popular while Scott is widely ignored. Nowadays Penn Badgely is a popular actor while Jesse Metcalf has diminished in popularity.
- Hollywood Homely: The audience is really supposed to think that Brittany Snow is less attractive than her mother played by Jenny McCarthy
- Jerkass Woobie: By the time John's humiliation rolls around, it isn't as fun to watch as initially expected. The "Will you be my girlfriend?" scene has a vicious case of Dramatic Irony.
- Les Yay: The practice kiss between Kate and Beth.
- Beth calling Kate's mom hot.
- The other girls blatantly gawk at Kate when she dresses in lingerie to video chat with John.
- Retroactive Recognition: Is that Dan Humphrey, playing the smart largely ignored high schooler trying to get the blond's attention?
- Squick: The final scene during the credits with all of the old men wearing thongs.
YMMV / John Tucker Must Die