- Awesome Music:
- Career Resurrection: Ultimately what hosting Late Night (and later The Tonight Show) did for him. Up to that point, he'd had some success on SNL and at least one film that did moderately well critically (Fever Pitch), but that was followed shortly by the dud that was Taxi (with Queen Latifah), and there were quite a few who thought he'd fade into obscurity. The criticism for his Corpsing on SNL didn't help his reputation, either. However, after developing some recurring bits over his first few months on the show (and hosting the 2010 Emmys to great success), his reputation was saved.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- The Family Guy episode "Don't Make Me Over" depicted Jimmy Fallon as the host of a fictitious episode of SNL with the Griffin family (featuring a made-over Meg) as the musical guest (and Peter beating up Fallon for cracking up on-camera since only Caroll Burnett has earned the right to do that, not realizing that Fallon had sex with Meg as part of the show's cold opening). Why is this Hilarious in Hindsight? Because Jimmy Fallon actually came back to host SNL for a Christmas episode in the show's 37th season. The musical guest, however, wasn't The Griffin family or even Seth MacFarlane — though he would host the first episode of season 38. It was Michael Buble.
- The 1998 (season 24) Christmas episode hosted by Alec Baldwin note had a It's a Wonderful Life-meets-A Christmas Carol-style story that shows what the future will be like if Alec Baldwin phones in his performance on this episode. The episode predicted that in 2011, Fallon would come back to host SNL. It came true (only the date they gave in the 1998 episode was inaccurate, as December 12th, 2011 did not fall on a Saturday).
- Ho Yay: With Justin Timberlake. So much that during Justin's impromptu speech at his wedding reception in front of 150 guests, Jimmy interrupted him with a joke from his seat, sparking an improv between the two of them that went on for a good five or 10 minutes and had all the guests roaring with laughter. Justin admits that if it was anyone else, he would have kicked their ass.
- Just Here for Godzilla: With The Roots as his backup band people who don't like his comedy claim they only watch his show to see them.
- Never Live It Down:
- His habit of corpsing during SNL sketches.
- His interview with Donald Trump, during which he ruffled his hair, has become infamous. His ratings have never recovered. Before the hair incident, he was beating The Late Show with Stephen Colbert by roughly a million viewers a night but Colbert managed to catch up and then start beating him by about a million viewers a night in the span of about six months.
- Promoted Fanboy:
- He's an avid gamer, idolized John Belushi growing up, and skipped parties in college to watch SNL. Even now, you can often tell how genuinely excited he is to be interviewing people like Paul McCartney on his own show.
- So much a gamer that he would have game developers as guests on Late Night to premiere debuting games or trailers.
YMMV / Jimmy Fallon