- Alternative Character Interpretation:
- Terra's Chaotic Neutral tendencies are enhanced: She tries to join the Titans so that they'll protect her from the consequences of her past actions and runs when she thinks they'll turn her in, and then accepts Slade's offer to train her so that she can betray him once she has total control of her powers.
- Mad Mod's more comedic aspects are dropped, making him much more menacing.
- Crazy Awesome: The Gentleman has shades of this, though he's yet to have enough screen time to demonstrate it.
- Epileptic Trees: Quite a few seem to be popping up over the identity of Jinx's mysterious employers.
- Evil Is Sexy: Well, Raven is just as hot as she is in canon, and she is evil... at one point, she uses her looks to quite effortlessly turn Thunder and Lightning into her Unwitting Pawns. And another, when in civilian mode, she distracts a pair of thugs long enough for her bodyguard to knock them out.
- Magnificent Bastard: An argument could be made for Ai, given how she plays Midnight like a fiddle on Trigon's behalf. In the end, her plans are only foiled by Slade being an even bigger Magnificent Bastard.
- Midnight has shades of this during the first arc, with how easily she manipulates the Titans and how quickly she adapts to unforeseen circumstances. The only reason everything falls apart for her in the end is because Ai's been playing her.
- Moral Event Horizon: Very narrowly avoided by Midnight at the end of the first story arc. She captures Robin and tries to torture him into insanity, but it's clear both that it was Ai's idea, and that Raven finds it distasteful, due to never being taught to do it by Slade (it drives her to throw up at least once).
- Woobie / Jerkass Woobie: Raven. She was kicked out of her own dimension for destroying a cart and sent to Earth to die. Her power was uncontrollable and killed two people (an attempted rapist and Silas Stone), not to mention that the public wasn't kind to her. Slade ended up her only option to help her control her powers. It's not that Raven chose to be evil, she never had a choice, especially when you look at Canon Raven.
YMMV / Jewel of Darkness