- Alternate Character Interpretation: Par the course for two reviewers covering the histories of characters that have built up over fifty years of history, but there are a number of character perceptions they hold strong to throughout the series:
- They agree with Kitty Pryde that Professor Xavier is a jerk!
- Awesome Art: Miles never wastes a moment to mention how awesome (and impractical) all Jack Kirby designs are.
- "He had his own style, and it was AWESOME"
- Funny Moments:
- Episode 002:
"Fucking generic Europe. I hate that place."
- Miles responds to Wanda and Pietro's near-lynching at the hands of villagers in a generic European community, prompting this comment from Miles:
- Jay is convinced that Wanda's red head band is a precursor to cat breading.
- Jay: "Now, Mastermold is basically a giant robot who poops out other robots."
- Jay: We I think we've all got a hypno-Pterodactyl inside of us, just waiting to come out. That-that's the true meaning of Sauron.
- Episode 002:
- Memetic Mutation:
- Narm Charm: It's pointed out in Episode 001 that Magneto's overall look is horrible, but it's such a mainstay and Magnus makes it work for himself so well that you can't help but respect him for sticking with it.
- Nightmare Retardant: It's pointed out that Bolivar Trask's illustration of a mutant-ruled future loses some impact as the "horrifying creature" depicted looks like Kiff from Futurama.
YMMV / Jay & Miles X-Plain The X-Men