- Cult Classic: Although its minimal exposure outside of Canada has made it obscure to most non-Canadians, Jacob Two-Two remains a strong fan favorite among those who grew up with the animated series of YTV and Nelvana in the early-mid 2000s, with great nostalgic value for many Canadians and plenty of non-Canadians who have seen it considering the show to be one of the best Canadian animated series.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: This wouldn't be the only Canadian cartoon with characters named Noah and Emma. Despite having the same name as Emma, she acts more like her younger sister Kitty, personality-wise. She even has Girlish Pigtails like her.
- Love to Hate: Principal I.M. Greedyguts is a very reprehensible person who pretty much thrives on the misery of his students, but the character's entertainingly delicious evilness and memorable performance by Dwayne Hill has made him a well-liked character with many. To a lesser extent, this also applies to the other teachers.
- Moral Event Horizon: YB Greedyguts is even more evil than his brother. He at first, acts like he is a sweet man who is running a great school, but he is a corrupt owner who is actually running a power plant and having everyone who enrolls in it do backbreaking labor, basically enslaving them.
- Nightmare Fuel: The children prison island makes Alcatraz seem cozy.
- YB Greedyguts actively enslaves anyone who enrolls in his school, which is really just a power plant in disguise.
- The Scrappy: Noah and Emma. They always get Jacob blamed for things he didn't do and always treat him like dirt. Even though they do have their Jerk with a Heart of Gold moments, they're still selfish brats.
- Shipping: Jacob/Renee and Jacob/Buford both have their fan followings as does all 3 of them together.
- Tear Jerker: The ending to "Jacob Two Two and the Dinosaur" has Jacob having to never see his best and only friend again, he becomes a victim of the prime minster's lies, Jacob becomes distinct and quiet, he's probably scarred for life and whenever Dippy is mentioned again, he cries up a storm. Break the Cutie has never been so cruel.
- The Woobie: Poor Jacob. You can't help but feel bad for him when people are mean to him or get him blamed for things he didn't do. Then, the ending to "Jacob Two Two and the Dinosaur" comes along.
YMMV / Jacob Two-Two