- Crazy Awesome: Thirlwell's stage persona comes across as some lost, forgotten avatar of looney tunes rock.
- Funny Moments: Go ahead, read the translated lyrics to "¡Chingada!".
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: His base is Australia, but he's arguably had more success in the UK and US.
- Nightmare Fuel: Hold on to your pants, folks...
- So Bad, It's Good: The music video to "Blessed Evening". Knowing Thirlwell, this may have been intentional.
- Squick: Wait, where is that red stuff coming from?
- Suspiciously Similar Song: "I Hate You All" is a rare exception; Originally, Thirlwell wrote the song on behalf of BUCK-TICK vocalist Atsushi Sakurai's first solo album, wherein Atsushi sung his own J-rock lyrics. Later, Thirlwell would re-release the song on Damp, except this time, it's Jim singing his own lines to his own song. This mash-up showcases the differences between the two versions.
- True Art Is Angsty: True Art Is An Alcohol And Acid Fueled Self-Destructive Meltdown That Lasts Three Decades: Welcome to the party, folks!
- True Art Is Incomprehensible: The music video for "(not adam)" could give David Lynch a run for his money.
YMMV / J.G. Thirlwell