- Catharsis Factor: Many commenters expressed joy hearing Freddy's line "fuck Trump, he's racist" after the domestic terror attack at the Charlottesville Neo-Nazi rally.
- Crosses the Line Twice: Many of the jokes about the racist Officer Harris and more.
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: Several viewers have complained about how Carl and Harris always get away with it in the end.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: No Talking has gained a following for being as badass and ruthless as his boss. Also because he doesn't talk. He's effectively the Boba Fett of the series.
- Harsher in Hindsight: ItsReal85 admitted that this was in effect for the second episode of Freddy Krueger, as a major set-piece featured Freddy mowing down dozens of police officers, with the video releasing shortly after the July 2016 Dallas shooting in which a man shot and killed several police officers. ItsReal85 confessed that the episode was largely done with before the shooting took place, and expressed regrets.
- Values Dissonance: It's clear that ItsReal85 is no gentleman given the way women are portrayed in his videos. April in Nigga Turtles is reduced to a stupid, promiscuous girlfriend for Raph, a girl in "The Dream Man" is there to be threatened with gang rape, numerous characters are woman-hitting pimps, and overall the dialogue is extremely derogatory towards women.
YMMV / Its Real 85