- Complete Monster: The teenage Ezekiel Stane serves as the mastermind behind the plot. Kicking his plan off by needlessly massacring an entire room of innocent and cowering scientists so as to sabotage a satellite, Ezekiel later slaughters his way through the S.H.I.E.L.D. Tricarrier after allowing himself to be captured and brought aboard. Proclaiming himself to have surpassed humanity with his Technovore nanotechnology, Ezekiel plans to use his tech to transform all technology into extensions of his will, then wipe out all life on Earth to make way for his new, "pure" world of his own design. Though verbally abused as a child by his father Obadiah, Ezekiel's crimes stomp whatever justification this excuse would give into the dirt, showing himself to be nothing but, as Iron Man himself puts it, a "petulant child throwing a tantrum", believing that humanity as a whole deserves death simply because they are "old relics".
- Jerkass Woobie: Ezekiel Stane. He's messed up in the head, but he ultimately suffers from really abusive parenting and a desire to do good gone horribly wrong.
- Like You Would Really Do It: You didn't really think Rhodey would die, did you?
- Nightmare Fuel: The Ezekial-Technovore hybrid.
- So Okay, It's Average: The general reaction from fans and critics, according to The Other Wiki.
YMMV / Iron Man: Rise of Technovore