- Angst? What Angst?:
- Anton isn't upset by his parents getting murdered by his own hand at all.
- When Tanya who had been bonding a bit with them earlier, ends up in a Deadly Rotary Fan, Mick finds the thing darkly humorous while Pnub merely seems annoyed As it means he won't be able to have sex with her after all.
- Anticlimax Boss: Lampshaded. The hand is skewered with an enchanted knife, and just goes -poof-.Mick: That's it? That's it? No explosions, no hellfire, no- (screeches demonically) I mean, no, I'm glad everybody's all right, but... that was weak.
- Ensemble Dark Horse:
- Action Girl Priestess Debi.
- Mick and Pnub, Those Two Guys played by cult actors who have some of the best lines.
- Tanya has some fans for her hot devil costume, nice interactions with Pnub and Molly at the dance, being one of the few characters to actually show deep grief at anyones death, and A well-remembered death scene.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The film's music composer Graeme Revell and Anton's actor Devon Sawa are both part of the Child's Play franchise. Revell had scored Child's Play 2 and Bride of Chucky, while it was recently announced Sawa had been cast in the franchise's upcoming 2021 spin-off television series for USA/Syfy.
- Narm: Tanya's death scene is sometimes disregarded and/or mocked, even by the who liked its style, due to the implausibility of the scene, given how The Deadly Rotary Fan should have cut the rope she was tied to before it dragged Tanya herself in.
- Nightmare Fuel: The opening credits, which run over a series of nightmarish images accompanied by Graeme Revell's creepy theme.
- The entire premise of the film, when you think about it. You don't want to hurt anybody, but you're (partially) possessed by a demonic entity that will kill and kill whether you want it to or not.
- Squick: Zombie!Pnub making out with Tanya at the dance. Even Zombie!Mitch thinks it's gross.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Molly's friend Tanya gets some decent scenes and lines with her (as a more cowardly companion during the vent scene and seeming to like her and Anton together) and with Pnub showing signs of being attracted to Pnub at the dance, first because of his costume, but even after Hearing Mick say that their dead. Squick aside, there was some good Beta Couple potential there, but she only has a handful of scenes in the second half of the movie, and is anti-climatically yanked through a rotor fan without much plot impact. And if she did have to die the filmmakers missed a trick by not having her be a third guardian angel at the end, as being an angel wearing a devil costume could have provided some good humor.
- Vindicated by History: The film received scathing reviews and was a Box Office Bomb, making it a subject of ridicule. In later years, it developed a Cult Classic status.
YMMV / Idle Hands