- Canon Fodder: Buck's backstory is a prominent one, among others. The best explanation is that he's got it all mixed up himself.
- Crazy Awesome: Buck seems to be insane, yet a Badass.
- Crosses the Line Twice: The sexual innuendos use this trope over and over, much to the offense of some parents.
- Critical Dissonance: The film received mixed reviews from critics, but became a massive blockbuster success, grossing $886 million worldwide against it's $90 million budget. The film also received mostly positive reviews from audiences. The film currently holds a audience score of 62% on Rotten Tomatoes.
- Ear Worm: Queen Latifah's cover of "Walk The Dinosaur".
- Revised (re-worked?) version of "Alone Again.....Naturally".
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Buck himself proves to be fascinating as an Ensemble Dark Horse character, as the movie he appears in canonically provides him no true Backstory, and for all his Crazy Awesomeness, there is not much else to him...
- Fanon: A popular fanon after Dawn of the Dinosaurs' release was that Diego was having heart problems. Despite this being Jossed in the director's commentary with the confession that Diego was out of shape, there were still several fanfics written based around the inaccurate fanon, with some fics using it as an excuse to kill off Diego because he was "getting old" even though that, like the inaccurate heart problems fanon, was Jossed by the creators.
- Foe Yay: Buck and Rudy. Buck is happier fighting him than he is doing anything else, and the way he addresses him is nothing short of deeply affectionate. He also calls him "Snowflake" in a way that sounds more like a pet name than an insult.
- Genius Bonus: Buck's attitude and tendency to fight Rudy is very akin to real weasels, which are known to be fearless and attack prey bigger than themselves.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- The presence of Buck can be this once you discover that 20th Century Fox had once planned to adapt The Wainscott Weasel, a children's novel whose main character is also a weasel with an eyepatch.
- The main antagonist is a gigantic albino theropod, who gets defeated by a female Tyrannosaurus rex. Sounds like the Indominus rex.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Roger, Buck's pterosaur mount, is referred to as female in the video game version of Ice Age 3.
YMMV / Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs