- Best Known for the Fanservice: The scene where Jessica Biel strips down to her underwear is one of the few reasons anyone remembers the movie.
- Crosses the Line Twice: While the movie's overall depiction of homosexuality is considered extremely tasteless, Captain Tucker's absurd homophobic remarks are so idiotic (and clearly meant to make him look like a moron) that it's impossible not to laugh.
- Don't Shoot the Message: Let's just say that this is the kindest thing many gay viewers had to say about this movie. GLAAD actually lost a lot of credibility for its positive review.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Chuck's Halloween costume is a vampire.
- Idiot Plot:
- There is no requirement that two people in a domestic partnership actually love each other. Or even that they be gay and monogamous. In real life, plots like this have played out for the exact reason Chuck and Larry do precisely because they're not so much committing fraud as they are exploiting a legal loophole. Even heterosexual couples enter legal, loveless marriages of convenience all the time. Chuck and Larry would only be committing legal fraud if they'd claimed to have gotten married or entered into a partnership without actually doing so — except in the movie, they are explicitly depicted as performing all the tasks they are legally required to do to be recognized as domestic partners.
- Not to mention, insurance does not work the way the movie portrays it. Someone in the headscratchers section wrote a clear breakdown of this, but even viewers who have no idea how insurance works were likely asking, 'Why doesn't he just switch his insurance?' Furthermore, any insurance company would easily consider the death of a spouse to be a major life event.
- And if they were so concerned about being found out as straight, why couldn't they just say they were bisexual? Or had an open marriage for that matter?
- Mexicans Love Speedy Gonzales: Despite controversy over the possible homophobic undertones, GLAAD actually gave the movie their golden seal of approval.
- Squick: The calendar, in which the couple pose nude.
YMMV / I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry