- Critical Backlash: Despite sweeping Razzies the following year after the film, the film received some reevaluations along with special screenings during the late 2010s/early 2020s, and developed somewhat a cult following. Some critics appreciate its giallo-inspired surrealism, and intriguing premise that reflects Lindsay Lohan's real-life plight. People blamed the movie's failure on the backlash from tabloids around the actress's fallout at that time.
- Cult Classic
- Faux Symbolism: All around, particularly the overuse of the colors red and blue, but the real deal goes to the owls. Owl is on a branch, owl is the school mascot, owl pops up in a creepy mirror, etc..
- "Let's win this one for Jennifer Toland!"
- The killer's death is significantly ruined by the goofy expression he has on his face when Dakota stabs him in the neck.
- Nausea Fuel: The torture scenes, especially the one involving dry ice.
YMMV / I Know Who Killed Me