- Esoteric Happy Ending: The happy ending of this game is apparently staying with your girlfriend, but doing so means staying in the virtual reality and your real body won't last long in the process. By contrast, choosing to stay with 54T0M1 aka Satomi (the mystery ending) actually brings out the best possible ending: she's touched by your love for her and decides to keep you sleeping in order to devote herself to you as well, but by doing that, she gets removed from your brain for straying from her intended purpose, and you wake up as yourself, possibly having a better future, rather than getting hijacked by her if you just simply choose to wake up.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Midway through Hikari's dates, her mother's torture escalate into a knife fight, and at the end of the game, Hikari dies with knives stabbed onto her back. If you encounter one of the event, encounter the other would be more dreadful.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment:
- Miyu joking of breaking your legs if you reject her offer stops becoming funny when it happens right back to her when she died with her body broken all over.
- Likewise, Kaori threatening to noose an annoying otaku for not stopping is not as funny when she ended up getting hung herself next to her closet.
- Padding: One criticism about the Visual Novel is that the dating sim aspects are drawn out, even by Visual Novel standards, to the point that it's easy to forget that fact that the game contains murder of all things.
YMMV / How To Date A Magical Girl!