- Awesome Music: All of it. Each of the team's themes from World Race were loved by many.
- Broken Base: Shockingly enough, there was-and still is-a massive split by fans of World Race over it's sequel series Hot Wheels Acceleracers even back when they aired on websites like IMDB and TV.com . Many fans of World Race criticize the way characters like Markie and Kurt were handled, the garish shift in art style and uglier character designs, the percieved to be unlikable new characters and despised the darker tone that these films have compared to World Race. The fact that Acceleracers is Left Hanging where as World Race is virtually a complete story and the last minute addition of Gelorum living in World Race doesn't help.
- Crazy Awesome.
- Fridge Logic:
- How do the racers besides the Dune Ratz, Kurt Wylde, and the Wave Rippers get past the sand in the third leg of the race?
- The Whole Final Jump to return the Wheel of Power, how Vert was able to get up the ramp despite less momentum and almost no Nitrox-2 left.
- Why Vert didn't use another ramp (there are three others) instead of the one that had just been sliced and diced? Was it because the other ramps would also follow suit because of Gelorum or what?
- How did the Accelerons built Highway-35 in the alternate dimension?
- How did Dr. Tezla discover the information about the Accelerons?
- How did Markie even make it to the Race?
- Why Kurt's codename is Zed-36. There are 35 racers, and Z is the last letter of the alphabet.
- Why does Kadeem feel bad about turning Kurt Wylde in?
- Why was Tono out of Nitrox 2 and how did he get back on land after falling in the ocean?
- Funny Moments:
- After Kurt does his HeelFace Turn he says that he "just took the wrong road for a while." He says this in a driving movie. Ha ha.
- At one point, Vert checks in on Lani and asks her if she needs help fixing her car.Taro: (pulls out from underneath her car) ''NO''
- Anytime Banjee speaks, he usually does, or says something hysterical at some point.
- Harsher in Hindsight:
- Banjee's rebuttal to Tezla about not letting drivers into the Realms without practice is really uncomfortable to listen to after what happened to Banjee offscreen in Acceleracers.
- Vert giving Kadeem his prize money to help his people is also becomes really upsetting to watch after what happens to Kadeem in Acceleracers.
- Heartwarming Moments:
- Vert goes back to save Lani, thinking that maybe Taro can't save her by himself.
- Vert gives his prize money to Kadeem, knowing that Kadeem needed it more.
- Moment of Awesome: At the very end of the movie there's Vert who gives away his money for winning to Kadeem. He earned that money, but he still gave it to a friend who needed it more. That could've easily been left out, but it most certainly wasn't.
- Narm: Some of the characters make... strange faces.
- Narm Charm: Yeah, it's about a bunch of guys who take driving way too seriously, but a lot of people love it nonetheless.
YMMV / Hot Wheels World Race