- Awesome Music: Naturally, Russell Brand's impromptu serenade to Brett Baker.
- The background music does a lot to heighten the tension in an episode.
- Broken Base:
- For guests who can't make it through all ten wings. Are the episodes still funny regardless, or does their defeat keep the episode from being funny?
- DJ Khaled's episode. Is it a defining moment in the series' history, or a lame excuse for a Season 1 finale that should have been scrapped and replaced?
- And how much of a wing to eat off. Nibblers get ballyhooed compared to guest that strip their wings clean.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: N.O.R.E. mentions that he really wants Seth Rogen as a Drink Champs guest, and Sean says he wants him on his show as well. Seth and Dominic Cooper would later appear to close out season three.
- Memetic Mutation: "TINASHE, WHERE YOU AT?"
- Courtesy of Joey "Coco" Diaz: "Get some, baby!"
- Shaq's faces during his interview has become an ongoing meme on Twitter, Youtube and Reddit.
- Too Dumb to Live: Eddie Huang decides to start with Blair's and work his way down. It doesn't work.
- The Woobie: Poor Sean has to deal with ten hot wings every week, plus whatever shenanigans a guest can get up to.
YMMV / Hot Ones