- Base-Breaking Character: Ayumu, Kazuma's little brother. You can consider his existence in the plot as a rather original idea, or reject him a rather bizarre gender-inverted Little Sister Heroine, especially considering the Ho Yay scene in the OVA.
- Ear Worm: The opening for the anime.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In Episode 5, Ui's mom embarrasses Ui by comparing Kazuma to her brother Hajime, talking about Ui being so clingy to her brother, and jokingly warning Ayumu to hang on to Kazuma before Ui takes him. Later in the series, Ui actually starts thinking of Kazuma like an older brother for awhile during a period of angst, then Tsumugi tells Ayumu not to worry Kazuma too much and hold him back in the process, and later when Ayumu asks Ui if she likes Kazuma, she replies by asking Ayumu if he's worried about losing his brother to her if she did get together with Kazuma.
- Moe: Ayumu, Madoka and Ui.
- Strangled by the Red String: Although Ui unlike other girls has the smallest ship tease with Kazuma, their whole subsequent history of love is portrayed as something self-evident, having a fairly superficial explanation.
- Tear Jerker: Kazuma's preemptive rejection of Ibuki's feelings.
- You can also add Kazuma's rejection of Madoka.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic?: The beach episode happens on a Wednesday (in Japanese its 水曜日, or Suiyobi, literally the day of water.)
YMMV / Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi