- Crosses the Line Twice: "Bullet", a super cheerful song about suicide that also features a young child (who fans thought for a long time was Johnny's daughter) singing along at the end.
- Ear Worm: Many examples, but "Lump Ya Head" will stay with you for days on end.
- The choruses to "Usual Suspects", "Tendencies", and "Comin' In Hot" are also worth noting.
- "Another Way Out"
- Face of the Band: Depending on who you ask, it's Deuce/Danny, Charlie or J-Dog. Absolutely no one will say it's Johnny 3 Tears, Da Kurlzz, or Funny Man.
- Fandom Rivalry: There's a serious fandom rivalry between Deuce's fans, Hollywood Undead's "old fans", and Hollywood Undead's new fans. It escalates to a point of Hate Dom and, unfortunately, even cyber bullying.
- Funny Moments: "Everywhere I Go""Everywhere I go, bitches always know, that Charlie Scene has got a weenie that he loves to show!"
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: They're rather popular in Russia for some reason.
- Growing the Beard:
- American Tragedy was a much more serious endeavour for the band, greatly dropping the number of party songs and focusing on more serious and introspective topics. It also brought more of a rock and metal sound, replaced Deuce (somewhat controversially) with great alt rock singer Danny, and generally improved their sound quality and message from Swan Songs' constant flood of "Drink and fuck bitches."
- Before that, them ditching their original label, MySpace Records, and spending another 2 years shopping around their then self-titled album. It allowed them time to produce their more rock oriented songs such as Young that would lead to American Tragedy's sound, and ditch the Music/Crunkcore influenced, internet celebrity referencing joke songs like Scene for Dummies.
- Memetic Mutation UNDEAAAAAAD!
- More Popular Spin Off: For Danny, he is much better known as the singer of Hollywood Undead than he is for his original band Lorene Drive.
- The Scrappy: Deuce is this for newer fans who first heard the songs Danny is a part of, either because they think the band is genuinely better with Danny or because they're tired of the mentioned above Deuce vs Danny argument being brought up constantly.
- Danny, likewise, is this for fans who prefer or miss Deuce, and we'll leave it at that.
- Signature Song: "Undead".
- Snark Bait: Just let Something Awful tell you why.
- Note that this was written in 2008 and that the band has really changed their image since then. Some criticisms may no longer apply.
- Song Association: "My Town" being used in several Street Fighter X Tekken trailers as the theme for every thing Final Fight-related. And "Levitate" being used in Shift 2 Unleashed.
- Wangst: Certain songs will have this:I used to be love struck and now I'm just fucked up. Pull up my sleeves and see the pattern of my cuts.
- The Woobie: The protagonist of "Bullet".
YMMV / Hollywood Undead