- Awesome Music:
- As a Shout-Out to Monty Python's Flying Circus no less, the theme song is Sousa Liberty Bell March. The field BGM probably counts too, but for other reasons.
- "On the field", as well as the victory fanfare. The related videos include each team's various at-the-start-of-the-turn anthems, which are also catchy.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: the Italian dub. I.P. Grimly's Italian voice actor (Giovanni Battezzato) would later voice Spanky Ham and a Large Ham in some Electronics-related-shops' commercials. PigeonHAMMED voice actor!
- Scrappy Mechanic: instead of what happens in Worms, the weapons aren't shared by the whole team, thus meaning that - yes, every weapon taken by that one soldier stays with him.
- Superlative Dubbing: The German dub of the game is arguably even better than the original. It makes more frequent and clever use of military lingo, as well as greatly enhancing the personality of the individual pig soldiers by using more individualised naming patterns and a larger voice cast. In particular, the German team is composed of characters which probably only make sense to Germans or people more familiar with German culture, containing, for instance, a Turkish immigrant character.
- To highlight, in the German dub the American team is compiled by expys of John McClane, Mr. Spock, Bart Simpson, Vito Corleone and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- In fairness, the original voices were all supplied by the same person.
- That One Level: the game stops being kind to you as soon as the sixth mission begins.
YMMV / Hogs of War