- Creepy Awesome: One of the earliest examples in visual art. One of the reasons it remains so popular is due to how creepy it is.
- Everyone Is Jesus in Purgatory: Justified by the fact that his paintings are suffused with symbolism that is obscure to modern viewers. Some of his symbolism even appears to be based on metaphors that have been lost to time, so it's anyone's guess what it means.
- Nightmare Fuel: Arguably the most horrifying art of its time.
- Older Than They Look: Literally. Seriously, who hasn't looked at these paintings for the first time and thought they stemmed from the 20th century instead of the 1500s?
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Looking at Bosch's paintings can give you a headache.
YMMV / Hieronymus Bosch