- Idiot Plot: Granted, this is almost certainly intentional because psychotic, creepily unreasonable human behavior is largely one of Junji Ito's signature tropes, but a lot of Remina's hardships are caused by the fact that nearly everyone on the planet somehow believes that Remina, simply for being the person the "hellstar" was named after, is remotely connected to the hellstar itself.
- When Remina opens its eyes, it's a horrific reveal that feels just plain wrong. When it opens its mouth, it looks like, as one character so eloquently put it, "A fat kid eyeing a donut!"
- The entire sequence where Remina and co. are sent flying literally around the world after the Hellstar licks the planet. It's so ridiculous you can't help but laugh.
- "It ate the fuckin' moon!"
- The Woobie: Remina. As if the malevolent Planet Eater bringing about the apocalypse wasn't enough, almost every survivor the poor girl meets wants to torture and kill her.
YMMV / Hellstar Remina