- Evil Is Sexy: The Soska twins are quite attractive, even gothed up as they are for the occasion.
- Heartwarming Moments: Ironically, this show had a quick one in Season 2, Episode 2. Right after the Twins finally won a game, they broke character for a quick hug. It was kinda sweet to see. Guess even bad girls love their sisters.
- Nightmare Fuel: The commercials have a lot of this.
- Rooting for the Empire: Sometimes the players could be so dumb, or not notice the easiest of clues, that you can find yourself rooting for the twins to win. In the second episode of season 2, they do!
- Part of the reason for this is because people know what the twins are really like from interviews and Twitter, and they forget that they're SUPPOSED to be the villainesses and we're NOT supposed to want them to win.
- That One Bonus Round: The Labyrinth, and the Inferno Run especially.
- What an Idiot!: Every other episode at the very least has at least one contestant who qualifies as this. Contestants have been seen failing to concentrate on their task, failing to listen to teammates, and/or attempting to brute force challenges, leading to disastrous results. Given that the whole premise of the show is that it's a Deadly Game, it overlaps with Too Dumb to Live.
- Andre on the fourth aired episode, who not only did not pay attention to peephole clues to find a key in a suitcase, causing the twins in the control room to give those clues to his teammates in the Hellevator, but also failed to communicate anything to them, instead attempting to brute force the challenge himself by randomly opening suitcases. He got "gassed" as a result.
- Episode 2 of season 2 has one contestant spend most of his challenge complaining about not being able to find anything, thus not listening to his teammates and overlooking what he needed to find, while another times out in the Inferno Run by overlooking the location (a toybox) of the last item she needed to find, which both her waiting teammates and the Soska twins even point out during the challenge. The former gets the contestant involved locked in the Inferno cell; the latter causes the first Total Party Kill ever on the show.
YMMV / Hellevator