- Ass Pull:
- Fifteen has the Heisei Rider Lockseed. It is never explained how or why he has it, and it only exists to make him an even bigger threat (and to sell toys, of course). Its counterpart, the Showa Rider Lockseed, also counts, where Ichigo just tosses it to Gaim so he can fight Fifteen on equal ground in #1 Arms.
- How does Daigo turn Gabutyra into a train to combine with ToQOh? Shut up, that's how.
- Ending Fatigue: So after Shu reconciles with his parents and is able to move on, all seem to end well until the Showa Riders decide to attack the Heisei Riders one more time, as they still doubt that they can protect humanity. Then they bury the hatchet no matter which ending happens.
- Fanon Discontinuity: Mainly due to the Showa Riders being massive pricks, many fans prefer to forget the crossover ever happened. Helps that the events in the movie wouldn't change the story of Gaim even if they hadn't happened. Even Hiroshi Fujioka wanted to fix Hongo's character by helping write the next movie he would be in.
- Harsher in Hindsight:
- One of the first Riders to be taken down is Kamen Rider Stronger. His actor was the most recent to pass away. And Kabuto, the Homage to him, is the one who takes him down.
- The rarity of Kamen Riders being called as such in recent series. In this film, Hongo declares that he doesn't see the Heisei Riders as actual Kamen Riders.
- You know that scene in Movie Wars Megamax where Gentaro and Eiji save the Seven Legendary Riders? This is their thanks.
- It seems that one movie after this, Takumi didn't learn his lesson, since his inability to let go is what's causing the time loop in D-Video Special. However, it is implied that ''nearly everyone of the cast from Faiz is dead so we can hardly blame him for grieving. That would mean Takumi has lost all of his friend and The Showa Riders chewed him out for mourning their deaths .
- Heartwarming Moments: At the very end of the movie, as the Riders make peace and shake hands, Narutaki once more calls out "DECADE!!" Everyone looks at him, expecting yet another angry rant...only for him to smile and declare that the two generations of heroes coming together is a wonderful sight. Tsukasa nods and responds "Finally, something we both agree on!"
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- In the Tokkyuger vs. Gaim prequel, seeing the Lion Inves evolve after eating premature Lockseeds makes it look lucky for Zawame that the one time an Inves grew to Sentai-style giant monster size was when a Super Sentai team was in town with their Humongous Mecha on stand-by. Seeing how Gaim manages to handle J here, however, it looks like an Armored Rider can take on a giant just fine as long as they have a working Suika note Lockseed.
- "Holy Shit!" Quotient: The return announcements. Guys like Tsukasa, Shotaro, and even Kusaka coming back isn't amazing since they've done it several times over the years. But Takumi was a real shock since Kento Handa hasn't been back since 555 ended. And then you add in Keisuke and especially Hongo, who won't just be a voice but a physical presence for the first time in over 30 years.
- Tear Jerker: Shu's goodbye.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot:
- Early on, Shotaro fights Kamen Riders Black and Black RX as Kamen Rider Joker. This would have been a PERFECT time to have the on-screen debut of Kamen Rider Cyclonenote by having Philip transform alongside Shotaro. Unfortunately, this may be due to Masaki Suda's talent agency not really wanting him to be associated with Kamen Rider works anymore.
- The Showa and Heisei Rider Lockseeds come off as this - Kouta never uses any of the Showa Arms other than the Ichigo Arms, and we never see any Rider Arms for any pre-Decade Heisei Seriesnote . Considering that Gaim and Ichigo fight each other at the end of the film, it would've been a lot cooler to see something like Gaim use the Ichigo Arms to fight Fifteen while the latter was using the Kuuga Armsnote , or to see Gaim ZX Arms fight Fifteen Decade Armsnote instead of seeing Ichigo Arms vs Gaim Arms.
- While they get lumped in with the Showa Era shows because of Shoutaro Ishimori's involvement, the 3 Kamen Riders from the 90s movies (Shin, ZO, and J) are technically Heisei riders due to the time they were released. It would've been interesting to see them struggle over which side they should take as a commentary on this, but unfortunately that didn't happen.
- Haruto sides with the Showa Riders. Wouldn't it have been interesting to see Amazon side with the Heisei Riders as a contrast? Not only would he have fit right in since he's the only Showa Rider that isn't a Cyborg (something he shares with the Heisei Riders), he is established to be good friends with Heisei Rider Gentaro Kisaragi/Kamen Rider Fourze.
- In the first 2 Super Hero Taisen movies, the Gokaigers transformed as a team into various movie-exclusive formsnote . This movie has the ToQgers, who use mini trains called Ressha that are somewhat similar to the Ranger Keys. You'd think that there would be a scene where Den-O gives them Ressha that allows them to transform into the various forms of Den-O and have the team fight as those forms, but nopenote .
- The Ending Fatigue could've been avoided if they had simply had Takeshi Hongo reveal that he was only putting on an act to fool Badan as part of a plan he had made with ZX, and reveal that he actually respected the Heisei Riders just as much as the Showa ones.
- Schwarz's cameo would have been far more interesting if he had also participated in the big battle and fought the Toqgers or even kamen rider den-o
- Unexpected Character:
- Well, everyone figured Decade would be returning, but who honestly expected Faiz, X, ZX, FREAKIN' Hiroshi Fujioka on-camera as Ichigou and Kaixa?
- A new character this time, Kamen Rider Fifteen. While common in summer movies and Movie Wars, a spring film having a Kamen Rider of its own isn't something which usually happens, especially after Super Hero Taisen started.
- Three words, Generalissimo of Badan. Particularly since he shows up as a giant undead Tyrannosaurus whose head splits open to reveal his trademark three-eyed human skull.
YMMV / Heisei Rider Vs Showa Rider Kamen Rider Wars Featuring Super Sentai