- Badass Decay: With the possible exceptions of Jan and Schrodinger, the Millennium are all a bunch of incompetant idiots in this fan fic. Luke backs out of a mission like a coward; Tubalcain/Card Guy tells Hecksing that he is part of the Millennium after being asked; Rip Van Winkle leaves a mission just because someone impersonated a superior and told her to leave; Zorin obsesses with Pikmin and directly attacks any opponents (like what Seras does); the Captain tells Hecksing his weakness, spends most of a fight trying to play cat-and-mouse, and goes down in one hit; Walter is absolutley terrible at being The Mole (and yet, everybody falls for it); Doctor reffuses to fire people if he finds them attractive; and the Major can't even get his plans straight.
- Bizarro Episode:
- Chapter 9 of Ulumate feels like this. This is the only chapter in the middle of the story where the villain is not part of the Millennium, and the only one period where the antagonist is not part of a Hitler Revival Group. He is instead a T-1000 who framed Hecksing of speeding just so that he can trap them and kill them. Several crossover characters appear out of nowhere in the form of the jury, and Ed, Eddy, and Sonic even get an important role in the plot. The villain, who is only known as "Lawyer Guy", is killed by tricking him to stay on one of the Master Chief's vehicles while a brick is put on the gas, sending it up a volcano and into a crator where he is melted. About the only plot-relevant thing was Integra's death and Carl's promotion, but both of those still felt like they came out of absolutely nowhere. Interestingly, these traits would not only not seem out of place in Housestuck, but actually feel a bit underwhelming and small.
- Chapter 3 of Dawn. The HRG of the week is led by a man who transformed himself into a talking den room, it has the sentence "Alucard was the motorcycle", the mermaid couple is introduced here (Word of God says that they will be additions that stick until further notice, but seeing what the rest of the chapter is like they seem like part of the weirdness) of all places with the fact that they are mermaids not revealed until after Integra blares out "BECAUSE YOU ARE MERMAIDS!" as if they didn't know and she was telling them for the first time, and the cast of That '70s Show makes a very random crossover as agents opposing HRGs and leave just as soon with the "justification" that this chapter takes place in the 70s. To toss even more logs on the fire, there's a stinger with Kamina arriving in the past in a way that manages to combine both Back to the Future and Terminator's styles. He is naked and summons Cortana, and the preview for the second half strongly implies that he will be added to Hecksing. Which would make his addition on Ulumate being the second time he joins.
- Crack Pairing: Quite a few. Carl/Seras/Rip/Zorin, Ned Flanders/Anderson, John Egbert/Jade Harley, and teased Rip/Mayor Quimby. Plus a one-shot joke about Carl/Walter, which actually got a Mythology Gag reference in Total Zeksmit Plains.
- Heartwarming in Hindsight: Housestuck Hurrcain Crconikals reveals that Alucard's death was largly contributed by Equius and Kanaya getting revenge on Al for killing the latter troll's boyfriend just for being "week."
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- John and Jade's portion of the epilogue says: "John and JAde made a sucessful TV series based on ther pasrt intrests Nick Cage Squidels and Ed Edd and Eddy the Mis-Edcventures..." Note the wording. Their past(/"pasrt") interests. HUC predicted the "shocking twist" in Act 6 Intermission 3 before it even began, in a way.
- Meenah is described as "Fish Hitler" in Homestuck Act 6 Act 3, which was after the entirety of HUC was finished. She was called this because of her alternate self acting as a sort of Hitler, and her being a seadweller. In HUC itself, Hitler appears and his words are typed with Eridan's quirk (mixed with a ridiculously thick Canadian accent), Eridan also being a seadweller. Hitler is also part snake for some reason, which isn't a fish unless you count sea-serpants, but still. Hecksing Ulumate Crconikals, in a loose way, did have its own fish Hitler before the term was coined in-comic.
- This story successfully predicted Mega Man being in the fourth Super Smash Bros. game.
YMMV / Hecksing Ulumate Crconikals