- Demonic Spiders: Some of the monsters in the underworld are very strong and hard to dodge. The arms/fists from the walls hit you very hard and those from the pits suck you in and your energy is very limited (you can only lose the game here).
- Goddamn Bats: The dog is very annoying because he can take away lots of your ectoplasm and if it drops to zero, you have to go to the underworld. You also can't do very much against him besides using the "dog off" spell which only takes him out for a short time and spells are very hard to find. However, as long as you can haunt another person in the house he's very easy to dodge.
- Shocking Swerve: In the very end, an anvil falls from the ceiling and turns Polterguy, who was briefly turned into his human form, back into his ghost form. This comes completely out of thin air and makes no sense. It's presumably made by the Sardini Company, but they just were scared out of their house for the forth time and Vito does not seem to have any supernatural powers. Doubles up with an Ass Pull.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: The Sardinis (against all logic) never hire a ghostbuster, so you never have to fight one.
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?: Despite a high amount of slapstick and absurdist humor, there's also a lot of animated blood, gore and even nudity in this game, but it only got an MA-13 rating, the equivalent of the modern T for Teen.
YMMV / Haunting Starring Polterguy