- Alternate Character Interpretation: Selkirk mccoys voting to acquit Floyd Hatfield of pig theft. He does voice a good reason (the testimony of Bill Wallace) that makes it sound reasonable but as he is also employed by the Hatfield family, he might have been biased.
- Awesome Music: The score is beautifully done and really makes the mini-series that much better.
- Catharsis Factor: Seeing Jim Vance and Cap Hatfield being ambushed and hunted down by the Mccoys, although Cap escapes.
- Narm: Randall's death for some, due to Bill Paxton hamming it up like mad.
- Tear Jerker:
- Johnse's wordless but very emotional farewell at Roseanna's grave.
- Cottontop when his father dies, not to mention when Cottontop dies himself, as a scapegoat.
- The murdering of the three McCoy brothers, particularly since the youngest of them was basically innocent and had already tried to defuse the feud partially by telling Roseanna his brothers had Johnse.
- Say what you will about the despicable Jim Vance, but it still absolutely destroys you when he has to put his dog—who stayed by his side during battle—out of its misery.
YMMV / Hatfields & McCoys