- Crosses the Line Twice: Hancock shoving a man's head up another man's ass is simultaneously one of the squickiest and most hilarious things in the movie, largely for the absurdity of it.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Ray bandies the word "change" in his Allheart pitch, in a 2008 movie with a black dude as superhero. note
- The whole premise of the movie is pretty hilarious by itself, by anyone who was read or watched One-Punch Man, as both Hancock and Saitama has similar backgrounds, albeit Saitama got his powers by training really hard for three years and breaking his limiter, compared with Hancock, who is immortal. Hell, both of them even have done impossibly awesome while on the Moon!
- Signature Scene: The Ass Shove mentioned elsewhere on this page is far and away the most memorable part of the film.
- Squick: "Your head is going up his ass." And dear God, it does. He makes a similar threat to the carload of thieves; "Your head is going up the driver's ass, his head is going up your ass, and you drew the short stick, cause your head is going up my ass."
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Some critics claimed that the first half of the movie was the best part and that the rest of the film wasted the potential of that plot. Others claim the second half could have been a groundbreaking superhero drama if developed fully rather than wasting the first half of the movie being funny. Yet more feel that both of these criticisms are correct, and that the film suffers from trying to weld together two great, but incompatible premises.
- What an Idiot!: Michel the French bully, and Red, the Big Bad, both call Hancock an asshole, and even after Hancock says that's his Berserk Button, they continue to press said button anyway, despite knowing who Hancock is and his sunny disposition, at least to an extent. Needless to say, they get their asses handed to them for it.
- Even more so for the crooks in jail - they're angry because he put them there, which means they all know firsthand what he can do. Yes, by all means, go out of your way to piss him off.
YMMV / Hancock