- Bile Fascination: Why many people play this game
- Old Shame: According to this forum post, blackout77 was 12 when the hack was made.
- Porting Disaster: A music-specific example; a lot of the music was basically taken from other peoples' ports, but the maker did try porting some songs himself. The results...aren't pretty, to say the least.
- Special Effects Failure: A lot of the game has this, especially the levels "inspired" off of Brutal Mario which used ASM to create amazing effects, something that this game lacks.
- The first notable appearance of this trope in the game would likely be the Mana Beast in Infinity Road. On top of appearing right out of nowhere, it's not really doing anything physically, instead being stuck as an invisble Mouser tries to lob out bombs at you but occasionally, those thrown bombs deflect right back into where it is, so it hurts itself. On top of that, sometimes Mouser will just jump right out of the image of the boss, pretty much breaking the battle. Heck, you don't even need to do that as if you touch the bottom side of its left foot◊, you're instantly teleported to the next section of the level. Later after that, it tries to attack you again with fire projectiles but they're just Fireballs and Firebars placed at random on it, also appearing randomly in the level.
- That One Level: Pretty much any level using the Rocket Barrel can qualify due to how hard it is to control and how fast you have to react to dodge blocks and other incoming enemies.
- Entrance to Sorrow is a very long Kaizo level with no midpoints and awful music to boot.
YMMV / Hammer Brother