- Base-Breaking Character:
- Inugami. To some, his creepy obsession with Kohina is darkly hilarious. To others, it's appalling.
- Episode 10 introduces Tengu, who is a shameless and unapologetic pedophile. His preferred form of payment is pictures of young boys. Some fans find this funny, others not so much.
- Cargo Ship: Kohina/Instant ramen is the obvious one.
- Crosses the Line Twice:
- Pretty much anything and everything related to Inugami due to his overly creepy obsession with Kohina and having nearly no standards in regards to her.
- Tama checks Kohina out◊.
- Ensemble Dark Horse:
- Female Kokkuri became a big hit with fans (and Shigaraki) after her first appearance in the latter half of episode 7. She's still adored even though she only appeared in that episode and the following episode.
- Shigaraki is this to the Japanese manga fanbase, to the point of having his own spin-off.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Female!Kokkuri and Shigaraki has far more fan-art than any other ship.
- Ho Yay: With three handsome men comprising the main cast along with pretty females obsessed with the female protagonist, it's inevitable.
- Inugami as a girl towards Kohina, constantly trying to initiate skinship and she even offers her the "yuri route" when she first transforms.
- Kokkuri taking Inugami out for a walk. While the latter is in his male human form.
- Jimeko's tsundere tendencies towards Kohina can be easily misunderstood as someone trying to catch the attention of her crush.
- Shigaraki asks Kokkuri to marry him and promises to give up his vices if Kokkuri agrees. Granted Kokkuri has been turned into a woman at the time, but Shigaraki is more smitten with Kokkuri's personality than "her" looks. It doesn't help that they share a kiss just as Kokkuri is turned back into a man. This pleases neither of them.
- Tama and female Inugami don't hesitate to grope female Kokkuri when bathing together at the hotsprings.
- Jerkass Woobie: The ritual to create an Inugami is extremely gruesome and amounts to torturing a dog to death. It's no wonder Inugami turned out to be so screwed up.
- Memetic Mutation: "Hello, Police?" Explanation
- Moe: Kohina is a weird example. Her rather pronounced emotional detachment and frequent outfoxing of other characters would normally disqualify one for this trope. But combined with her childish mannerisms and personality, it makes her more adorable.
- Tear Jerker: Episode 10. A lady who's been waiting for a long time under an eternally red-leaved maple tree asked for help to find the man she's been waiting for. Both the man and the lady's been dead for a long time, and it turns out that the man did not wait on her and instead asked to be reincarnated immediately. Into a maple tree. He's been with her all along, over all the years. Of course, at the end of it, the usual Moment Killer kicked in...
- Uncanny Valley:
YMMV / Gugure! Kokkuri-san