- Ensemble Dark Horse: Ramsay has become one of the readers' favorite characters.
- Fridge Brilliance: Theon being so clever actually fits with the Greyjoy's kraken theme: squids ands octopi are amongst the most intelligent animals, being able to use tools as seen when Euron remembers little krakens opening clams with stones.
- A reviewer on spacebattles wrote a piece about why Theon is a Chick Magnet: in Westeros' patriarchal, misogynist society, a man dealing with women as people rather than property is going to be considered a very good catch.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Several short stories and Omakes in the thread played Euron Greyjoy as a slightly crazy sociopathic uncle who loved Theon and what he did. Then the last "official" story revealed that Euron knows of the events that "should" have happened, that Theon is the linchpin that caused everything to change and that he seeks to use Theon in order to make himself the linchpin so he can shape the world as he desires. Oh, and Word of God said that Euron thought Theon's canonical fate was hilarious.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Cersei using the wildfire left over by the Mad King to try to destroy her enemies. When you look at the TV series' ending from the sixth season...
- Ho Yay: Ramsay towards Theon.
- Launcher of a Thousand Ships: Theon Greyjoy. The fandom shipped him with his assistant Amarda, Sansa Stark, Arianne Martell, Daenerys Targaryen and Ramsay Bolton, among others.
- The Amarda/Theon ship is more or less confirmed.
- Never Live It Down: Theon gets quite a few of these moments.
YMMV / Greyjoy Alla Breve