- Awesome Music: "Stuck In The Middle With You", the opening theme is a pretty cool country song that perfectly establishes Frankie and Grace's relationship.
- Growing the Beard: Season one was received with mixed reviews, but the following seasons were much more well received as the show went to full blown Dramedy and adopted less cliched scenarios and dialogue. Season 3 and 4 in particular held 100% approval ratings on Rotten Tomatoes.
- Hollywood Thin: Grace is very thin, and often the butt of Frankie's jokes.
- Hollywood Old: Averted. The four main actors are all over 70, and age-appropriate for their characters. However, due to plastic surgery, cosmetics, general well-being, and other means, the actors look FANTASTIC for their ages.
- Ho Yay: A lot between Grace and Frankie, a lot of it started by Frankie herself. There are quite a few jokes that people think that they are actually a couple. Frankie even likes the idea of pretending that they are a couple before others.
- Jerkass Woobie: Robert and Sol, who, despite finally being happy with each other, just hate the fact that they had to tear apart their families to do so. Sol in particular is almost always on the verge of tears when dealing with Frankie in the aftermath of leaving her.
- Moment of Awesome:
- Grace and Frankie's "mic drop" confrontation with their ex-husbands and kids in 'The Coup.'
- Sol calling out Robert for hiding his former marriage to Grace from his new theater friends after years of hiding his affair with Sol in 'The Burglary'.
- One-Scene Wonder:
- Byron. Breaks in, kisses Grace, rolls out, minds are blown. Twice.
- More like a Four-or-Five-Scene Wonder, but Babe breezes into the show in one episode as an old friend of Grace and Frankie who we are expected to like and care about, and by the end of the next episode she's dead, and we wish she'd been there all along.
YMMV / Grace and Frankie