- Archive Panic: GothNebula has written 227 fanfics already, though fortunately most are one-shots.
- Author Avatar/Self-Insert Fic: Nebula's Sailor Earth status, some of her traits hinting Wish Fulfillment, such as being Shadow's girlfriend, and the fact that Nebula resembles Samantha's real life appearancenote in Mobian form made some people accuse her as a self-insert.
- Awesome Art: These renderings of Human Nebula show some effort put into.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment:
- Mefitis calling Shadow a "fucking black red nigger" in Life between Water and Land. Shadow was not amused.You called me a nigger? RACIST ASSHOLE! NEVER EVER CALL ME THAT!
- Nebula coming across a Victoria's Secret in Undead Heartbeat. Even Shadow blushes.Uh no. I'm a tomboy.
- Silver and Blaze discussing Egypt's government problems in Demigods, just to carry the Power of Love Author Tract.
- Mefitis calling Shadow a "fucking black red nigger" in Life between Water and Land. Shadow was not amused.
- Growing the Beard: GothNebula has improved her writing quality and revamped some of her Original Characters to the point they're pretty much So Okay, It's Average, with only a little bit of So Bad, It's Good left. This may be the result of the ridicule GothNebula has received over the years.
- Heartwarming Moments:
- The final page of the short-lived Shadula comic has Shadow and Nebula hugging, smiling, and purring.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: GothNebula's art of Blaze and Silver as Miraculous Ladybug and Cat Noir. 3 years later, Silver's voice actor for Team Sonic Racing, Bryce Papenbrook, is same as Cat Noir's. She later acknowledges this.
- Moe: GothNebula's take on Movie Sonic
- Moral Event Horizon:
- Scourge, an evil prince, crosses it early in Rose in Shining Armor when he attempts to rape his Arranged fiancee Amy.Sonic: What? By raping the princess?! This is treason!
- Da Chief Scourge in Cop and the Thief was already an unlikable Jerkass from the start, never thanking the cops for their catches and bossing them around rudely just to meet his demands, but he finally cuts it when he orders guilty burglar Jet to kidnap Justified Criminal Nebula, whom he really wants imprisoned. Him hitting her and attempting to kill Shadow both drives him over the line more. Unsurprisingly, he ends up in prison himself.Shadow: Scourge? My own boss?! He's gonna pay for betraying me and my colleagues!
- Scourge, an evil prince, crosses it early in Rose in Shining Armor when he attempts to rape his Arranged fiancee Amy.
- Narm: Most of GothNebula's fics are loaded with this, from out-of-place Shout Outs to cheesy romantic interactions to corny subtext to thinly-disguised Author Tracts to whatever fuels the So Bad, It's Good quality.
- This. What's better than your favorite three hedgehogs in blown-out Emo?
- Shadow and Nebula's conversation at the ending of Guardians of Seasons, after Shadow is compared to Ares the God of War by Nebula. Shadow rambles that "ever since social media came around, Ares turned most of his victims into trolls, cyber bullies, stalkers, and everything", hating that "mortals torture the Internet for their selfish desires", and "women don't like to start a war but men do, and beauty and love saves the world." Not only Shadow is out of his canon character, this leads to some awkward Author Tracts.
- Ron the Death Eater: Sally Acorn was originally portrayed as a Jerkass, as opposed to GothNebula's favor of Sonic/Amy pairing, but was turned to heroic as a response to the backlash.
- Snark Bait: GothNebula held status as one of the most infamous Sonic the Hedgehog fans because of her So Bad, It's Good quality and alleged inability to take criticism for a few years, to the point she received her own Encyclopedia Dramatica article. She has fortunately worn this off though.
- So Bad, It's Good: Most people would regard her fanfics to be this. Reference Overdosage that would be suitable for a sitcom but are awkward and out-place in such stories, writing level of a teenager (GothNebula is in her mid-20s), Nebula the Hedgehog being an alleged Self Insert, Out of Character potrayals of the canon characters, notably Shadow, blatant Black and White Moralitynote , simple paint-by-numbers romance (and plenty of Strangling by the Red String), poorly-disguised Author Tracts, and the overall Audience Alienating Teen Drama tone. Besides the fanfiction, her okay-looking art of uncannily humanoid Sonic characters and simple slideshows created with Windows Movie Maker are oddly amusing. GothNebula (un)fortunately has improved in the quality, though.
- Tear Jerker:
- In The Alien of Darkness (sequel to Half-Alien Hedgehog), it is revealed that Shadow and Mephiles Used to Be Friends as kids and they hoped to be best friends forever and most powerful in the universe. Black Doom attempted to prevent this by wiping such memory off Shadow. The next day, Shadow scares Mephiles off his planet under Black Doom's order and Mephiles swears revenge in the future. It's heartbreaking.
- Uncanny Valley: GothNebula's depiction of your favorite Mobians as humanoids with large pupils and obvious smiles can be unnerving. Her drawing of Tangle the Lemur, for instance.
- Unfortunate Implications: GothNebula has suggested Double Standards regarding gender along her Author Tracts, prominently that men are violent and women are peaceful.
YMMV / GothNebula