- Jerkass Woobie: Marco may be unnecessarily cruel towards people but the last shot shows him utterly defeated, which might elicit some sympathy from viewers.
- Magnificent Bastard: Marco is an unapologetic prankster but his pranks are relatively harmless and never physically hurt anyone, which is probably why he gets away with them.
- Nightmare Fuel: Marco's vision of the people he pranked laughing at him is filmed in a rather creepy way.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: If the filmmakers had really wanted to teach Marco a lesson, they could have had Mrs. Brown turn out to be a witch who transforms him into a statue for real.
- What an Idiot!: Instead of continuing to hide in the bushes, Marco risks getting caught by pretending to be a statue. Sure enough, Mrs. Brown realizes what is going on and calls the cops on him.
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?: The first half consists of broad gags that are perfectly appropriate for a family-friendly film. But the second half revolves around a naked boy and features full-on rear nudity (and comes dangerously close to full frontal nudity as well).
YMMV / Gotcha