- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: In the original edit of the Girls & Boys video, a short segment took place after the first line of the second verse during which the band was leaning against a fence and an old woman dressed like Avril Lavigne walked up, which lead to them parodying the opening of her Complicated video.
- Funny Moment: The trial scene in the Lifestyles of The Rich & Famous video, featuring cameos from Kyle Gass and Chris Kirkpatrick of *NSYNC.Prosecutor: Isn't it true that the accused TREATED YOU LIKE A DOG?!
[The camera cuts to show a dog is being questioned as a witness]
- Face of the Band: Benji & Joel were treated as such by the press when the band first achieved mainstream success.
- Friendly Fandoms: With Simple Plan.
- Growing the Beard: Cardiology - especially after the lackluster Good Morning Revival - would qualify, with critics remarking that the album retains the sound of the first two albums whilst blending it with the 10 years of life experience since then.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Their breakout hit, "Lifestyles of The Rich & Famous".
- Nightmare Fuel: "My Bloody Valentine."
- Sequel Displacement: In the UK, The Young and The Hopeless is treated as their first album by everyone except their fans & occasionally, magazines that cover rock music. Somewhat justified, as their self-titled album was released at the same time & the music videos have never played on UK television.
- Signature Song: "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous".
- Suspiciously Similar Song: According to this, 40 oz Dream sounds like Juliet by Hollerado.
- Tear Jerker:
- "Hold On."
- "Emotionless," especially when done live.
- Wangst: Depending upon who you ask, some will claim the majority of their work falls under this.
YMMV / Good Charlotte