- Better Than Canon: Considered better than the anime trilogy by many. Reasons being giving Godzilla Earth a personality that is unique, providing battles fans wanted from the anime trilogy, being extremely creative with the kaiju's powers and abilities, and being filled to the brim with well done Mythology Gags.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap:
- While Godzilla Earth isn't truly hated, the character was labeled as a Generic Doomsday Villain that does very little of interest on screen. However, this version removes all doubt and ire as Godzilla Earth shows a lot more emotions during his scenes combined with his vast prowess in battles and the creative uses of his powers.
- Same goes for Mechagodzilla. Only time will tell if Planet Eater Ghidorah gets the same positive response, but his design and expressiveness alone has made many already prefer him.
- Shocking Moments:
- No one expected Godzilla Earth to fire spine lasers like in Shin Godzilla.
- For that matter who expected Godzilla Earth to use his own Spiral Ray?
- Unexpected Character: The main enemies that fight Godzilla Earth in the second short film are the Gotengo and super weapons, Super Xs and Garuda. There's even a Vulture!
- Visual Effects of Awesome: All the films are well-animated especially this was made by freeware animation program.
YMMV / Godzilla MMD