- Cry for the Devil: It's strange how easily Tango can get pitiable so quickly.
- Foe Yay"He had a pretty neck, now that it was clean. He was generally fifty times more palatable, and he smelled a bit like soap. I suddenly wondered why I had done it at all(...)"
- Moral Event Horizon: Tango crosses it when he confesses to having climbed in at Princess Cornelia's bedroom window and strangled her.
- Nightmare Fuel: Some of Eiko's ill-fated summoning attempts stray thoroughly into this."Rain, if you hear something happening in here - not right, me screaming maybe, possibly gore running under the doors and my intestines hitting the wall - you run grab your father and don't look back."
- She's only partly joking.
- Squick: You don't want to know what Tango looks like under that hat. At least, not until Eiko gets done cleaning him up.
- Some of the aftermaths of Eiko's eidolon battles also qualify.
- Eiko's descriptions of how she goes about creating a weapon. Ick.
- The Woobie: So many. So, so many.
- Even Tango falls into this category in some scenes. Sort of.
YMMV / Go Not Gently